African Americans in STEM
This day will include a professional panel featuring David Haynes, PhD at 11 am, a student panel at 1:30 pm, with special exhibits and experiences from 12 - 4 pm throughout the museum featuring the Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology and M Health Fairview's Cancer Risk Management Program.
This winter the Science Museum of Minnesota is hosting events celebrating diversity in STEM. Over the course of two months, they will have four different Saturday events, each highlighting the work of STEM professionals of a different race or ethnicity:
How to attend
1. On the SMM ticketing page, click on "Museum Admission" in the calendar on the day that you want to attend.
2. Select the number of tickets needed.
- Note that "Great Tix" are available for $3 for students who receive Free/Reduced Price School Meals as well as any adults (over 18) who are enrolled in TANF | MFIP | WIC | General Assistance | Medical Assistance | MinnesotaCare | Supplemental Security Income | Social Security Disability Benefits | Food Stamps | Section 8.
- Additionally, all indigenous people receive free access to the museum, Omnitheater, and parking. Email or call to make these arrangements (more information is available on the access page).
3. Add Omnitheater tickets if you are interested!
4. Pay online and receive your electronic tickets.
Please contact the Science Museum of Minnesota directly for any questions on ticketing and admissions.