Five MCC faculty members inducted into 2023 UMN Academy for Excellence
Every year, the University of Minnesota works to identify its most distinguished scientists, educators, and clinicians in four key areas: clinical practice, health research, the scholarship of teaching and learning, and team science. Selected faculty have demonstrated the highest levels of ethics and professionalism throughout their careers, and their legacy of excellence can be clearly measured by their contributions to a particular problem or a sustained record of excellence in providing solutions to many problems. The Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota, is pleased to announce that, for the 2023 year, five of our faculty and/or researchers have been inducted into an Academy for Excellence, including distinguished MCC Director, Douglas Yee!
MCC’s 2023 Academy for Excellence inductees are:
Academy for Excellence in Health Research
- Douglas Yee, MD - Medical School professor and director of the Masonic Cancer Center
- Carol Lange, PhD - Medical School professor and MCC associate director for Basic Sciences
Academy for Excellence in Team Science
- Don Dengel, PhD, MA - College of Education and Human Development professor and MCC member
- Aaron Kelly, PhD - Medical School professor, co-director for the Center for Pediatric Obesity Medicine, and MCC member
- Alicia Kunin-Batson, PhD, LP - Medical School associate professor and MCC member
Congratulations to all 2023 inductees for this highest recognition of excellence in faculty research! We are proud to highlight just a handful of all 600+ MCC faculty who have enhanced the reputation of the University through their nationally and internationally recognized, sustained, quality research. We know a recognition like this requires a great deal of behind-the-scenes work, and we both appreciate and are honored by the dedication and innovation our MCC faculty show in their research, teaching, and leadership across the University.