Georgios Pongas, MD
Dr. Pongas is an Oncologist focusing on hematologic malignancies. He has a special clinical interest for indolent and aggressive B-cell lymphomas. As a clinical researcher, Dr. Pongas designs and conduct clinical trials in lymphoid malignancies and collaborates with translational scientists to develop better cancer therapeutics.
- Aggressive and Indolent B cell Lymphomas
Awards & Recognition
- Lymphoma Abstract Award: American Society of Hematology (2016)
- Abstract Achievement Award: American Society of Hematology (2012)
- American Society of Hematology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation
MD, University of Crete, Faculty of Medicine, Greece
Internal Medicine Residency, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
Hematology-Oncology Fellowship, National Cancer Institute (NCI), National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI), National Institutes of Health (NIH), Bethesda, Maryland
- Clinical Trials
- Cancer Therapeutics
- Tumor Immunology
- Pongas G, Annunziata C, Staudt L. PI3K? inhibition causes feedback activation of PI3K? in the ABC subtype of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Oncotarget; 2017; 8(47):81794-81802.
- Pongas G, Cheson B. PI3K signaling in normal b-cells and B-cell malignancies. Seminars in Oncology; 2016;43(6):647-654.
Academic Interests and Focus
My on campus teaching involves case based training and teaching in the medical oncology clinic as well as within the Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program. He is also involved in the training of the medical students by teaching the pathophysiology of lymphoid malignancies
Clinics and Surgery Center
- Medical Oncology
- Internal Medicine
Aggressive and Indolent B Cell Lymphomas; Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
Fairview Ridges Hospital, Fairview Lakes Medical Center; Fairview Northland Medical Center, Fairview Southdale Hospital; University of Minnesota Medical Center