Education and Training Opportunities
Program Meetings and Lectures
- Cancer Center Seminar Series (watch recorded seminars)
- Cancer Detection, Treatment and Survivorship Seminar
- Cancer Prevention and Control Seminar
- Cell Signaling Program
- Genetic Mechanisms of Cancer Program Meeting
- Immunology Program Meetings (held concurrent with meetings of the Center for Immunology)
- Tumor Microenvironment Program Meeting
- BMT Conference
- Cancer Biology Research Club
Upcoming Conferences and Special Lectures
December 17, 2014: Cancer Biology Journal Club
12-1 p.m., 20115 CCRB
Ryan Baxley will discuss “Nonenzymatic role for WRN in preserving nascent DNA strands after replication stress,” by Su F, et al., Cell Reports 2014;9:1387-401.
December 19, 2014: Special Cancer Prevention and Control Seminar
12-1 p.m., room 245, 717 Delaware St.
Addressing Physical Impairments Following Breast Cancer Treatment"
Linda Koehler, Ph.D., P.T., C.L.T.-LANA, Assistant Professor, Program in Physical Therapy, University of Minnesota
January 22, 2015: Writing Winning Grant Proposals
8:30 a.m.-4 p.m., 717 Delaware St. SE, Room 105
Want to write successful health research grants? Then don't miss "Write Winning Grant Proposals," a day-long seminar that's back by popular demand.
March 27, 2015:Transforming Cancer Survivorship Through Research and Best Practice
8 a.m.-4 p.m., Kingsgate Marriott Conference Center, 151 Goodman Drive, Cincinnati, OH
Keynote speaker: Julia H. Rowland, Ph.D., Director, NCI Office of Cancer Survivoship
Speakers include: Patricia Ganz, M.D. – UCLA; Michael Stubblefield, M.D. – Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center; Kathryn Schmitz, Ph.D. – University of Pennsylvania; Wendy Demark-Wahnefried, Ph.D., R.D. – University of Alabama; Timothy Ahles, Ph.D. – Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Registration information and abstract submission information is available on the website.
April 23, 2015: SAVE THE DATE! Inaugural Kersey Lecture
4 p.m., 1-125 Cancer and Cardiovascular Research Building
Speaker: Jennifer Grandis, M.D.
Interdisciplinary Team Conferences
- Brain Tumor Conference: Monday, 1-2 p.m., C456 Mayo
- Breast Cancer Interdisciplinary Conference: Friday, 7 a.m., C456 Mayo
- Head & Neck Cancer Conference: Monday, 12:30-1 p.m., Large conference room, ENT department, 8th floor PWB
- Hematologic Malignancy Conference: 2nd and 4th Mondays, 4:15 p.m., Bell Institute of Pathology, D175 Mayo
- Melanoma Interdisciplinary Group" 4th Tuesday, 8 a.m., C456 Mayo
- Musculo-Skeletal Tumor Conference: Thursday, 7 a.m., Surgical-Pathology Conference Room, 4th floor Mayo
- Surgical Oncology/GI Tumor Teaching Conference: Monday, 5-6 p.m., Rotates each week betweee 11-157 PWB and HCMC Green Building, 5th floor, room 328 (contact Tina Russell for location: 612-625-2991)
- Thoracic Oncology Conference: Thursday, 11 a.m.-12 Noon, 114 LHI