Education and Training Opportunities
Masonic Cancer Center Program Meetings and Lectures
- Cancer Center Seminar Series (watch recorded seminars)
- Cancer Detection, Treatment and Survivorship Seminar
- Cancer Prevention and Control Seminar
- Cell Signaling Program
- Genetic Mechanisms of Cancer Program Meeting
- Immunology Program Meetings (held concurrent with meetings of the Center for Immunology)
- Tumor Microenvironment Program Meeting
- BMT Conference
- Cancer Biology Research Club
Upcoming Conferences and Special Lectures
September 17, 2014: Cancer Detection, Treatment and Survivorship Mini Retreat
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Conference Rooms, A, B, & C
University of Minnesota Campus Club
4th Floor Coffman Union
Special Guest: Scott Ramsay, MD, PhD, Director of Hutchinson Institute for Cancer Outcomes Research, Public Health Sciences, at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
Everyone with research interests related to cancer outcomes, screening and survivorship is invited to attend. For more information and to RSVP, please contact Rick Jacobson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 29, 2014: 11th Annual Women’s Health Research Conference: Updates on Women’s Cancer Research
McNamara Alumni Center, University of Minnesota
Olufunmilayo I. Olopade, M.D., FACP, Walter L. Palmer Distinguished Service Professor of Medicine and Human Genetics; Associate Dean, Global Health; Director, Center for Clinical Cancer Genetics; University of Chicago
Co-sponsored by the Powell Center for Women’s Health and the Masonic Cancer Center
A call for abstracts has been issued. The deadline for award consideration and oral presentations is Monday, July 28, 2014. Visit the website for more information.
October 20, 2014: 5th Annual Masonic Cancer Center Research Symposium
10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., first floor, Cancer and Cardiovascular Research Building
Keynote Speaker: B.J. Kennedy Lecturer in Medical Oncology Jonathan Samet, M.D., M.S., Director, University of Southern California Institute for Global Health, Professor and Flor L. Thornton Chair, Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine
The symposium will include two poster sessions. Submit abstracts here.
November 5, 2013: 2014 Advancing Cancer Health Equity Conference
11 a.m.-7:30 p.m., Hilton Bloomington, Minneapolis
Sponsored by Minnesota Center for Cancer Collaborations
View the Call for Abstracts. Submission deadline in September 15.
Visit the website for more information and to register.
January 26, 2015: SAVE THE DATE! Inaugural Kersey Lecture
Jennifer Grandis, M.D., will speak. Time and location to be determined.
Interdisciplinary Team Conferences
- Brain Tumor Conference: Monday, 1-2 p.m., C456 Mayo
- Breast Cancer Interdisciplinary Conference: Friday, 7 a.m., C456 Mayo
- Head & Neck Cancer Conference: Monday, 12:30-1 p.m., Large conference room, ENT department, 8th floor PWB
- Hematologic Malignancy Conference: 2nd and 4th Mondays, 4:15 p.m., Bell Institute of Pathology, D175 Mayo
- Melanoma Interdisciplinary Group" 4th Tuesday, 8 a.m., C456 Mayo
- Musculo-Skeletal Tumor Conference: Thursday, 7 a.m., Surgical-Pathology Conference Room, 4th floor Mayo
- Surgical Oncology/GI Tumor Teaching Conference: Monday, 5-6 p.m., Rotates each week betweee 11-157 PWB and HCMC Green Building, 5th floor, room 328 (contact Tina Russell for location: 612-625-2991)
- Thoracic Oncology Conference: Thursday, 11 a.m.-12 Noon, 114 LHI