Education and Training Opportunities
Masonic Cancer Center Program Meetings and Lectures
- Cancer Center Seminar Series (watch recorded seminars)
- Cancer Detection, Treatment and Survivorship Seminar
- Cancer Prevention and Control Seminar
- Cell Signaling Program
- Genetic Mechanisms of Cancer Program Meeting
- Immunology Program Meetings (held concurrent with meetings of the Center for Immunology)
- Tumor Microenvironment Program Meeting
- BMT Conference
- Cancer Biology Research Club
Upcoming Conferences and Special Lectures
Friday, August 8, 2014: 2014 Poster Presentations: Health Disparities and Cancer Research Summer Undergraduate Internship Program
11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Cancer and Cardiovascular Research Building Atrium, 2231 6th St., S.E., Minneapolis
Oral presentations being at 12 p.m.
- Learn how undergraduate interns are helping address cancer and health disparities
- Hear about current community-engaged & laboratory research projects at the U of MN
- Network with community members and researchers
Light refreshments will be served. Parking vouchers will be available.
The University of Minnesota's Masonic Cancer Center in collaboration with the Medical School’s Program in Health Disparities Research sponsors summer research and education experiences that benefit minority and underserved communities in Minnesota.
August 22-24, 2014: 6th Mayo Clinic Angiogenesis and the Tumor Microenvironment: From Basic Science and Clinical Challenges to Patient Care
Angiogenesis research has highly relevant clinical applications in a wide array of fields from oncology to cardiovascular to hematology to cell biology and others. This year’s agenda has some of the foremost experts in angiogenesis and the symposium will serve in establishing strong collaborations among leading national, international, and Mayo Clinic experts in the field.
In addition, this symposium will award several young investigator scholarships of $250 based on submitted abstracts. Abstract submission should be done by June 20. Information on registration, hotel accommodations, etc. can be found at the website below. We encourage staff, fellows and students to participate in this highly educational event and look forward to another successful symposium this year. http://www.mayo.edu/cme/hematology-and-oncology-2014r606
September 29, 2014: 11th Annual Women’s Health Research Conference: Updates on Women’s Cancer Research
McNamara Alumni Center, University of Minnesota
Olufunmilayo I. Olopade, M.D., FACP, Walter L. Palmer Distinguished Service Professor of Medicine and Human Genetics; Associate Dean, Global Health; Director, Center for Clinical Cancer Genetics; University of Chicago
Co-sponsored by the Powell Center for Women’s Health and the Masonic Cancer Center
A call for abstracts has been issued. The deadline for award consideration and oral presentations is Monday, July 28, 2014. Visit the website for more information.
October 20, 2014: SAVE THE DATE! 5th Annual Masonic Cancer Center Research Symposium
10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., first floor, Cancer and Cardiovascular Research Building
Keynote Speaker: B.J. Kennedy Lecturer in Medical Oncology Jonathan Samet, M.D., M.S., Director, University of Southern California Institute for Global Health, Professor and Flor L. Thornton Chair, Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine
The symposium will include two poster sessions. Submit abstracts here.
January 26, 2015: SAVE THE DATE! Inaugural Kersey Lecture
Jennifer Grandis, M.D., will speak. Time and location to be determined.
Interdisciplinary Team Conferences
- Brain Tumor Conference: Monday, 1-2 p.m., C456 Mayo
- Breast Cancer Interdisciplinary Conference: Friday, 7 a.m., C456 Mayo
- Head & Neck Cancer Conference: Monday, 12:30-1 p.m., Large conference room, ENT department, 8th floor PWB
- Hematologic Malignancy Conference: 2nd and 4th Mondays, 4:15 p.m., Bell Institute of Pathology, D175 Mayo
- Melanoma Interdisciplinary Group" 4th Tuesday, 8 a.m., C456 Mayo
- Musculo-Skeletal Tumor Conference: Thursday, 7 a.m., Surgical-Pathology Conference Room, 4th floor Mayo
- Surgical Oncology/GI Tumor Teaching Conference: Monday, 5-6 p.m., Rotates each week betweee 11-157 PWB and HCMC Green Building, 5th floor, room 328 (contact Tina Russell for location: 612-625-2991)
- Thoracic Oncology Conference: Thursday, 11 a.m.-12 Noon, 114 LHI