Myths About Clinical Trials
The Masonic Cancer Center thanks the center's Community Advisory Board and the University of Minnesota's School of Journalism for proposing the development of YouTube videos about the clinical trial myths that are a major barrier to individuals participating in clinical research.
- Myth 1: Patients enrolled in clinical trials are treated like guinea pigs
- Myth 2: Never enroll into a clinical trial, they cost too much
- Myth 3: Signing up for a clinical trial means you give up all your patient's rights
- Myth 4: Clinical trials are risky, especially for minorities
- Myth 5: Clinical trials are only good if you live near a major city